Thursday, August 26, 2010

Something Smells Fantastic at the Inn at Schoolhouse Creek

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining but Heidi is and you know how she gets. There's something amazingly delicious smelling cooking over at the Inn these days and you can smell it starting first thing in the morning.

I told Heidi it didn't have anything to do with that new restaurant that just moved in over there but you know Heidi, she always has to be right. She keeps talking about it and she won't let it go.

"Donkeys get hungry too," she says -- with her mouth full of course! -- "And just because they have two seatings a night doesn't mean they can't squeeze in a third donkey seating if they felt like it."

She's awfully persistent and she's got me thinking maybe she's got a point. We could just pop over around 10 or so, after they're done with the 8 p.m. seating. I'm not saying they have to cook us anything special --- we could just have a bite of whatever's leftover.

We aren't picky eaters and I know that carrot curry soup I smell would just about hit the spot. Heidi's fixated on the amuse bouche.

"You never know what it's going to be. I've heard it's always something fantastically divine!"

How does she even know that? How does she even know what an amuse bouche is?

Heidi escapes me sometimes.

That picture shows what the new restaurant looks like. See -- lots of room for tiny donkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment