Sunday, August 29, 2010

Impressions and Chess at the Inn

Dear Readers and Adoring Fans,

It has come to my attention lately that I am giving the wrong impression. You can read right on the Internet that miniature donkeys have to be kept in pairs. Heidi and I are a pair. We are like sisters. Closer than sisters.

The only thing that sometimes comes between us is chess.

Yes -- you heard me right. Chess. We are both very competitive when it comes to our chess games. This board is right by our pen. We can't stop playing. We're both addicted to chess. Don't judge. It's our only vice, unless you count pedicures but those are mandatory for donkeys.

Look at Heidi. She even looks cute when she's eating. (See below.) 

Nobody could ask for a better bestie than Heidi. Even if I can beat her blindfolded at chess.

3 comments:

  1. Monique, are you sure you're beating Heidi at chess? I thought she was the reigning champ at the Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi T.!

    Thanks for your comment! I can see you are a loyal reader and I want you to know WE APPRECIATE YOU! As for your "question," who can say who the real Queen of Chess is at the Inn at Schoolhouse Creek? Why not come up and play a few games with us to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did visit. I just don't play chess. Besides, (no offense) who wants to get outwitted at chess by a mini donkey?

    ReplyDelete