Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thoughts from Heidi


Hello!

It's Heidi!

How are you all? I am very, very happy now that we have our classic, Mendocino Coastal winter weather. It's so lovely and misty in the mornings and our fields are a gorgeous emerald green!

It's no secret that I love board games and our Donkey Cottage is stocked with them, just like all of the cottages here at the Inn.

But enough about that.

I have noticed recently that with the imminent opening of Pacific Tapas, Monique has been making more comments that I am comfortable with on the subject of our friend Chuck's...girth, for lack of a more tactful way to put it. Here is a much more flattering picture of our little friend. I never think it's nice to run a photo of someone eating to begin with!

I just know he will make a wonderful sous chef -- if they can get past the whole "rodent chopping and stirring sauce in the kitchen" thing. I know a rat was a chef in a recent movie but I'm not sure if that was a documentary or not?

Monique and I get to the movies so seldom. We always catch a few films at the Annual Mendocino Film Festival but those are usually just very select, rather poetic pictures. It's been in May in the past but this year it's in early June. We have seen some really wonderful films that way.

I'd better run! Monique tends to hog the lap top. She's become obsessed with playing chess online with people from all over the world. I've warned her that you never know who you could be playing with long distance like that, but she just laughs and says she bets they don't realize they've been beaten by a miniature donkey.

You know what?

I bet they don't.

Love and kisses,

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment