Monday, December 20, 2010

Heidi checking in!

Happy holidays and shalom from Heidi.

I know Hannukah is long since over but it was too soon this year, don't you think?

I'm grabbing the blog while Monique is off composing our Christmas Newsletter to send the zebras and elk at B. Bryan Preserve, down the coast in Point Arena. I hope she's not going to be too wordy or heavy! She gets so competitive sometimes and I do feel that holiday letters can give exactly the wrong impression. They can be an opportunity to sort of blow your own horn -- especially if you are Very Endangered or just feeling that way this time of year...

But I do adore my cousins the Grevy's zebras down there. They are always having babies and they are chatty as the day is long. 

Here's a favorite photo of cousin Pistol when he was just a lad:


Photo by R.H. Carter
Isn't he sweet? I think so but of course he's family so I am biased.

Off to go check on Monique. I think there's nothing worse than a LONG holiday letter, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour Heidi and Monique,
    This is M. Remy Martin Wildavsky from Oakland CA. I was so happy to see the picture of my friend, Snappy THE Podengo on your blog. As you may recall from our email correspondence in October, I am coming for a visit on Boxing Day (at least that's what my Mom, being British unfortunately, calls it!) It will be really thrilling to meet you and hang out with you.
    I have been pretty busy getting into mischief, or at least that is what my local humans call it, I just think it is keeping busy and making sure that lids are on dogfood bins, treats do not just hang out unsocially on the table etc.
    I am hoping that there will be no "pluie" et vous embrassez bien fort.
    Joyeux Noel.
    Remy

    ReplyDelete
  2. M. Remy --

    We can't wait to meet you too! We do adore dogs, as you have heard. We can't guarantee the weather of course but we hope you will have a good time.

    A bien tot!

    Monique and Heidi

    ReplyDelete