Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We do love dogs!

Hi from Heidi!

Remy Martin Wildavsky
We just received this wonderful picture of a guest dog who will be joining us around the holidays. We love to get correspondence from our canine fans -- and we are so excited to meet this puppy, Remy Martin.

Like the French cognac he is named for, we know he will get even better with age, which is fortunate, since by the time he comes to us he will be about three months older than he is here.

Apparently, he likes to do laundry, and while all of our accommodations have coffee makers, fridges, and microwaves, and many even have full kitchens, only one house has a washer and dryer. Since he's not staying at that house, he's going to have to make due with romping in the meadow and off leash on the beach to entertain himself and keep his laundry fetish pent up until he gets home!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I never thought I would be in the "Nouvelles" - that's "News" in French for all you mono-linguists. I was a little embarrassed for you to see my person's "sale linge" (that's "dirty laundry"), but as you see I have found a wonderful way to cope. I am really looking forward to visiting you all. My person has been taking me to the nearby stables and I have been meeting Maxim and his friends. I am getting quite used to them, although at first I thought Max was some kind of gigantosaurus. He is a bit like a black Tour Eiffel. But after several visits and lots of treats to reassure me, I now know the difference. I am sure I shall love you.
    A bientot!
    M. Remy Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Remy,

    Thanks so much for your comment! I have to say, for a wee young puppy, your command of language is quite astonishingly good.

    If this Maxim you speak of is a full-sized horse, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised when you meet us next month. There are DOGS that are bigger than us!

    Love and kisses,

    Monique & Heidi

    ReplyDelete