Saturday, October 2, 2010

At last!

Heidi here!

I'm thrilled to report our crispy Fall weather is here which is to say the weather is finally back to normal. We love this time of year -- the scent of woodsmoke in the evening, the mist off of the Pacific in the morning.

Of course autumn makes me think of delicious fall dishes and gets me excited that mushroom season is just around the corner...

October is the perfect time to visit the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. I have read that it's the only coastal garden of its kind in the Continental US and I know from guest dogs that it's also the rare dog-friendly botanical garden. Because of our balmy climate, lots of things are still in bloom over there.

Lovely!

Gotta run. Monique wants to talk Halloween costumes. Someone needs to remind her that we are already wearing donkey suits!

--Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment