Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mendocino Sunsets

Hi!

Heidi here!

It's not often that Monique lets me have access to the laptop (that's a topic for a whole other post), but while browsing around today while she got her pedicure,  I discovered this great website that has a camera pointed at the ocean in Mendocino Village:




There are also complicated weather maps and the actual temperature on this page, but as a mostly home bound donkey, it was the live view that interested me. It occurred to me that this website could be used to observe the stunning, justly famous Mendocino Coastal Sunset, from anywhere at all on earth.

Of course I can see the sun set over the Pacific every single day from right outside Donkey Cottage at my Inn.

But maybe you aren't so lucky?

I would recommend that you come up here before the busy season hits us. Chuck has been raving about the dishes they are cooking at the new on site restaurant that opens April 15th, and I believe they are running some kind of a special to encourage people to come try it.

You'd be silly to miss out on something like that, at such a beautiful time of year up here.

Heidi over and out!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool webcam. I love all the gauges too on the site. Any chance you two will be getting a cam of your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear T,

    How kind of you to comment! Please don't take this the wrong way when we say that we prefer to communicate with our adoring public on our own terms. Having a camera pointed at us all of the time would be a bit "de trop" as the French say.

    Love and kisses,

    Monique

    ReplyDelete